Designing home landscapes to be: Ecologically rich Comfortably livable Energy efficient Inviting to wildlife Naturally beautiful.
I treat every landscape project as an opportunity to contribute to the health of the natural world. In my plans, I aim to minimize harm and protect each site’s valuable features while incorporating:
- habitat that supports local wildlife
- vegetation that requires minimal maintenance
- drainage patterns that encourage percolation rather than runoff
- proper placement of buildings and trees to make the most of solar gain
- well-built components that last a long time, to reduce demand on natural resources.
Each residential landscape that I design is planned to be a resilient, diverse, self-sustaining and resource-recycling environment that nourishes all its inhabitants, both human and nonhuman.